Vanguard feature game Review
Background Courtesy of Rocket League
Developer: Psyonix, Inc.
Release Date: July 15, 2015
Genre: Action, Indie, Racing, Sports
Right now Rocket League is in Vanguard under “Game Testing Channel”, so if you want to have some fun with others you can play Rocket League there. And if you want to see this game become a permanent part of TAW, then fill out Vanguard’s INTEREST FORM, or talk to any of the Vanguard staff members that you are interested in helping out and being apart of this team.
Rocket League Mandatories:
Mandatories will be divided on skill grouping and ranked play. 3v3’s, 2v2’s etc.
There will also be trainings where we focus on aerial flying and how to master that kind of flying to score a goal.
Other trainings will be focused on having fun, playing games like rumble, hockey and hoops.
We are also going to set up a in house tournament as in 3v3’s or 4v4’s amongst TAW members.
What is Rocket League?
Soccer meets driving once again in the long-awaited, physics-based sequel to the beloved arena classic, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars!
Rocket League is a vehicular soccer video game developed and published by Psyonix. Described as "soccer, but with rocket-powered cars", Rocket League has one to four players assigned to each of the two teams, using rocket-powered vehicles to push a ball into their opponent's goal and score points over the course of a match. The game includes single-player and multiplayer modes which can be played both locally and online, including cross-platform play between the PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows versions, as well as cross-play between Xbox One and Windows versions.
Rocket League has been critically praised, earning a number of industry awards, and saw more than six million sales and at least 18 million unique players a year after its release. Rocket League has also been adopted as an eSport, with professional players participating through ESL and Major League Gaming, along with Psyonix's own Rocket League Championship Series.
Awesome features include:
- All-new Season Mode that allows players to enjoy a full single-player experience
- Extensive Battle-Car customizations with more than 10 billion possible combinations
- Unlockable items and vehicles, stat tracking, leaderboards, and more
- Addictive 8-player online action with a variety of different team sizes and configurations
- Amazing 2-, 3-, and 4-player split screen mode that can be played locally or taken online against other splitscreen players
- Broadcast-quality replays that allow you to fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena
- Competitive cross-platform gameplay with PlayStation®4 users